Aleksey Yegorovich Zagrebin
Position: Chief Research Fellow at the Udmurt Institute of History, Language and Literature, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
Academic Degree: Doctor of Sciences (History)
Academic Title: Professor
Address: 4, Lomonosova str., Izhevsk 426004, Russian Federation
Tel.: +7(3412) 68 52 94; +79850939754
A. Ye. Zagrebin was born in Izhevsk in July 5, 1972.
He graduated with honours from the Udmurt State University (History Department) in 1994 and embarked on post-graduate studies with a specialization 07.00.07 — Ethnography, Ethnology and Anthropology. In 1997 A. Ye. Zagrebin defended thesis to be awarded Candidate of Sciences (History) degree and started his teaching career at the Udmurt State University (as an Associate Professor since 2000, Professor since 2010).
Academic and Organizational Activity
A. Ye. Zagrebin’s research interests comprise history of ethnography of the Finno-Ugric peoples, problems of modernization of the Udmurt culture in XIX-XX centuries, urban ethno-sociology, theory and practice of field ethnographic activity.
A. Ye. Zagrebin took the position of the Head of the Ethnology and Sociology Department at the Udmurt Institute of History, Language and Literature, Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences in 2005. In 2008 he was elected Director of the Udmurt Institute of History, Language and Literature. In 2009 he defended his doctoral thesis in History. In 2013 A. Ye. Zagrebin was repeatedly elected for the position of Director of the Udmurt Institute. The same year he was elected to the Presidium of the Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences and the Deputy Chairman of the Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences. A. Ye. Zagrebin was elected Professor of Russian Academy of Sciences in 2015.
- Honoured Foreign Member of Finno-Ugric Society (Finland)
- Honoured Member of M. A. Castren Society (Finland)
- President of the Association of Russian Anthropologists and Ethnologists
- Chairman of the Finno-Ugritsts Regional Committee of Russian Federation, Deputy Chairman of the Finno-Ugritsts Committee of Russian Federation
- Member of editorial boards of some leading Russian academic journals
- Head and participant of a number of academic projects of the Russian Scientific Foundation, Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation, Programs of Fundamental Research of Russian Academy of Sciences Presidium and Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, TEMPUS, EAP-Arcadia, IRSES
- Author of 180 academic works and textbooks
- since 2016 until present — Deputy of State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation VII calling
- Member of the Committee on Education and Science in State Duma of the Russian Federation.